Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Thick and Thin

 I was so proud of myself this winter, working on only one or two yarn projects at a time. Efficiently, I worked through one project after another. Then Spring arrived... and a flurry of inspiration!

 I am not even sure how many knitting and crochet projects I am in the middle of right now. There are the class samples, the projects I take to work and the projects for evening movie watching.....

Two of my knitting projects are quite the contrast! A thick turtle-neck sweater on size 9 needles and a bright pink pair of socks on size 0 needles. Both are turning out nicely, but it feels odd to my fingers switching back and forth!

The sweater is Kate Davies' very popular Carbeth. It was love at first sight for me and I was so excited to find Hikoo Simpliworsted in the perfect shade of Aqua Mint! (It matches my vintage Pyrex bowls perfectly!) Progress is at a halt currently as I had to order another skein, but I have both sleeves knitted and joined to the body now.

 The socks are a blending of my favorite sock formula (with short-row heel and increased round toe) and inspired by this pattern. Instead of purchasing the pattern I just used my favorite cable that looks like a braid. The yarn is a lovely pink Trekking Pro Natura that unfortunately has been discontinued. 

Are you working on any knitting or crochet projects? Do you tend to start multiple at once or just work on one or two?


1 comment:

  1. Heide,

    Your knitting projects are lovely! The sweater pattern you are knitting is so unique and cozy. I love both yarn colors you have chosen.

    I try to limit myself to just a couple projects at a time. Right now I am working on a pair of socks, a shawl and some coasters. I like to have a little variety for different levels of concentration. : )

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete